Establishing Credibility Through Social Media
Duncan Alney is the Founder and CEO of Firebelly Marketing, a social media marketing agency that makes brands more likable and profitable. Duncan juggles the roles of catalyst, program overseer, problem solver, and strategist within the organization. He also hosts The Firebelly Social Show, which features food and beverage brands on a mission to make the world better, and he’s a member of the Digital Agency Elite (Agency Owner Mastermind).
In his free time, Duncan enjoys spending time with his son, playing vinyl on vintage stereo equipment, amateur DJing, cooking, and sipping on Italian-style espresso drinks.
In this episode…
Everybody needs tires, and there are countless store options to choose from. In a world of intense competition, how can you establish credibility with consumers so they’ll choose your store over and over again?
Establishing an authentic social media presence is one of the best things you can do for your business’ reputation. These days, consumers aren’t just looking at your website — they’re checking out your Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook pages. This presents a huge opportunity to establish your brand’s voice and personality. And, if consumers like what they see, they’re sold on your business before they even walk in the door.
On this episode of the Gain Traction Podcast, Neal Maier sits down with Duncan to discuss the benefits of building up your social media presence. Duncan talks about why authenticity is essential, how to share your brand’s story through social media, and he shares examples of brands thriving because of social media.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Duncan Alney shares the story behind Firebelly’s name
- The benefits of using social media: building credibility and customer acquisition
- How to present your business’ voice and personality through social media
- Interacting with users through giveaways and partnerships
- Tracking progress through social media data
- Duncan shares an example of an award-winning restaurant owner with amazing social media skills
- The importance of authenticity in your brand’s online presence
- Duncan’s best piece of advice: take more chances