Creating an Inclusive Automotive Business with Jody DeVere of AskPatty.com
Jody DeVere is the Founder and CEO of AskPatty.com, a training program for automotive retailers on attracting, selling, retaining, and marketing to women. AskPatty.com has been featured by The New York Times, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, O, The Oprah Magazine, and Woman’s Day. Jody is also a Professional Speaker for the National Automobile Dealers Association, the COO of Women’s Automotive Association International, and a Founding Member of the Board of Directors of the Women in Automotive Conference.
As a social media guru who is an expert in marketing to women – as well as a skilled journalist, car care expert, and safety spokesperson – Jody’s primary goal is to promote, mentor, and support careers for women in the automotive industry. She has more than 25 years of achievement as a successful entrepreneur focused on sales and marketing leadership to assist her in this quest. Jody is a champion for women in the automotive industry, and her company serves as the first point of contact for many women seeking the best in car sales and service across the United States and Canada.
In this episode…
Gone are the days of one-size-fits-all marketing, recruiting, and training. Consumers and new employees want messaging and training that feels inclusive — especially for women.
The automotive trade has traditionally been marketed more towards men, but AskPatty.com has spent the last 16 years changing that. Their two-pronged approach provides resources for both consumers and employers. Women can find advice from fellow women automotive experts, and employers can find training to find and retain female customers and employees.
On this episode of the Gain Traction Podcast, Neal Maier sits down with Jody to discuss revamping your business to cultivate a more inclusive workspace. Jody talks about her passion for empowering women, why you should find a diverse board of directors, and the certifications that AskPatty.com offers.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Jody DeVere shares the inspiration behind AskPatty.com
- How Jody is empowering women in the automotive industry
- Finding a personal board of directors that will contribute different perspectives and opinions
- Why “curb appeal” matters in your automotive shop
- Jody explains how your business can become “Certified Female Friendly”
- What do the top US automotive shops all have in common?
- Personalizing your marketing to meet the needs of consumers
- Jody shares the best piece of advice she ever received
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Jody DeVere on LinkedIn
- Certified Female Friendly course
- Jody’s email: [email protected]
- UpShift courses
- Get a free pass for UpShift’s pilot sessions: [email protected]
- Neal Maier on Linkedin
- Tread Partners